Saturday 13 May 2017

QUOTE OF THE DAY - MAY 13, 2017: LUDOVICO EINAUDI PROVES HE HAS A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE

Today's Quote of the Day comes to us from 21st century minimalist composer Ludovico Einaudi of Turin - who proves there is something to be gained for any and everyone when it comes to immersing oneself in the nirvana that is classical music.

While not one for minimalism or over-repetitive music myself, I cannot deny the simplistic grandeur that lay within some of Ludovico's repertoire. The video (Divenire, with strings) which follows the quote below is one such example of the delicate, nuanced beauty to be found among the composer's oeuvre.

Einaudi, who also composes scores for both film and theatrical trailers, boasts a very broad base of fans - many of which are admittedly unfamiliar with the classical genre - among them modern pop icons and television moguls.  His reaction to a theater worker in Verona who had been taken by one of his performances held there in 1995 - as told to The Guardian - proves that beautiful music exceeds all class barriers:

“Yes! I like the feeling that with music there are no classes...I remember in Verona when I performed... and a younger woman who worked in the theatre came up to me with wet eyes – that was more important than all the rest!... I could see the connection between what I wanted to say with my music and how she felt it. This was fantastic for me.”

-Ludovico Einaudi
Ludovico Einaudi performs "Divenire:"


-Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment